Don’t be alarmed if you dental care professional prescribed a Root Canal procedure. Unlike old times, root canal has become an easy procedure that doesn’t require more than 2 visits to be completed and is usually pain-free. It is as simple as a routine filling and doesn’t require much recovery time. It will also relieve the pain caused by the infection. So don’t postpone your root canal, it will actually make you enjoy food again! Schedule now your consultation!
Apicoectomy (Endodontic Surgery):
If root canal procedure doesn’t heal the infection, an apieceectomy will be performed. It is an endodontic surgical procedure where the tooth’s root tip is removed and a root end cavity is filled with biocompatible material. This procedure requires local anesthesia. Build A Better Oral Routine
According to neuro-scientific research habits are composed of three parts – the cue, the routine, the reward. The cue prompts you to do something, the routine is what you do and the reward is why you do it. For example, skipping your evening teeth routine. The cue would be you want to sleep, the routine is you put on your pajamas, the reward is more time in bed and quicker sleep. The most effective way to change a routine is to keep the reward but change the precursors. So in this case we want to maximize our sleep (the reward) and increase the time we have for teeth cleaning and flossing. Here are 5 ways you can improve your oral routine today!
Here are more ways you can build a better routine:
- Reward yourself for milestone achievements – 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months. This can be a physical reward and should scale with the milestone. If you hit 2 months continuously reward yourself with a big treat.
- Put a chart on your fridge or in another prominent place and tick off every day you achieve your goals. This gives you a great visual cue and lets your track your rewards.
- Set a repeating alarm on your phone to give yourself a cue that it’s time to brush your teeth. Set a reminder alarm five minutes after the first, and then another.
- Asking others to remind you and help push you is always a good idea. It will help keep you motivated.
- One of the best ways to achieve your goals is to coach yourself through them. In our case this can be as simple as thinking about the health and hygiene benefits of brushing and flossing throughout the day.